Spatio-temporal Pattern of EEG in Young Brain Respiration-training Children
- 저자H.R.Kim, S.Y.Kim, D.J.Kim, Y.Y.Kim, S.K.Park, J.H.Chae, K.S.Kim, K.H.Lee, S.H.Lee
- 저널명The American Journal of Chinese medicine
- 초록We have evaluated the effect of 'Brain Respiration' training on brain activity using Karhunen-Loeve (KL) decomposition as a method for spatio-temporal analysis of the electroencephalogram(EEG). BR training is a form of breath-work to optimize the function of the brain by concentrating Qi energy in the brain. Recently, BR-training has been reported to improve emotional maturity (i.e., EQ), short-term memory and intuition (Yoo et al., 1998). EEG data were taken during BR-training from 12 young BR-trainees (average age: 9.4 years) who had trained for 4 to 14 months, and during relaxation from age matched non-trained children. Spatio-temporal analysis showed a significant difference of EEG dynamics in right prefrontal, right inferior frontal, posterior temporal, parietal and occipital areas between BR-trainees and the control group. Amplitude of eigenvector components of BR-trainees in the areas of frontal, temporal and occipital cortex was larger than that of non-trained children (values were smaller in parietal cortex), with remarkably high amplitude alpha coherence all over the scalp. These results suggest that BR-training possibly activates brain function through changes in the activity of the frontal association area where higher mental integration and creative activities are mediated.
 학습활동시 뇌호흡 수련학생과 일반학생의 뇌파분석(The Analysis of Electroencephalogram Between Brain Respiration Trained Students and General Students During Learning Activities)
- 저자조선희, 김수용, 진승현, 이건호, 김영윤, 장남기
- 저널명Korean J. Behav. Biol. 10(1): 43~58, 2001
- 초록We compared EEG(Electroencephalogram) between brain respiration trained elementary school students and general elementary school students. For this, we selected ten students. Five students are trained brain respiration over six months and the other five students are not. We measured EEG during learning activities and analysed EEG by using linear and nonlinear methods. In 16 positions of brain, we calculated ratio of delta, theta, alpha, beta and represented correlation dimension value in two-dimension surface in 16 positions of brain. EEG were various up to each student and each studying activity. Linear analysis results are as followed. High ratio of beta wave in F3, F4 channel were recognized in four students of brain respiration trained group and in one student of general students group during the eye closed state and imagination state. In language activities, we recognized high beta wave ratio appeared. On the other hand, in mathematic activates high delta, theta, alpha wave ratios were recognized. Brain respiration trained students showed higher beta wave ratio than general students in language activities. In mathematic activities, general students showed increasing alpha wave ratio but brain respiration trained students showed increasing delta, theta wave. Nonlinear analysis results are as followed. Concentration in F3, F4 channel appeared in four students of brain respiration trained group, two students in general student group. And brain respiration trained students showed high concentration to one channel in one activity. Also correlation dimension values in many channels were higher in brain respiration trained students group than in general students group. Comparing average value of five students with individual student value, variation gap of delta, theta, alpha, beta ratio of wave was small. And concentration position ranges are wide. Through those results, we can infer brain respiration trained students have activated F3, F4 channel and high concentration on doing inner brain information activities. And we suggest that individual EEG analysis as well as average EEG analysis be carried out.
 BRQ사용을 통한 초등학생의 뇌파변화에 관한 연구(Analysis of the EEG in elementary School Students through BRQ)
- 저널명한국인체과학학회지, Vol.2(1). 12-19.
 뇌호흡이 스트레스성 호르몬 분비에 미치는 영향 (The Effect of Brain Respiration on Stress Hormone Secretion)
- 저자박상규, 이건호, 김덕환
- 저널명한국인체과학학회지, Vol.1(1). 34~38.
 뇌호흡 수련이 체열에 미치는 영향 (The Effect of BR training on the Body Temperature)
- 저자박상규, 이건호, 유성모, 이승헌
- 저널명한국인체과학학회지, Vol.1(2). 40~45.